Area & Activities
THE AREA AND ACTIVITIES
We are a stone’s throw from the Drakensberg, Clarens and Golden Gate, where you can enjoy leisurely walking, hiking, horse riding and trout fishing.
- An hour's drive to the famous Lesotho Highlands Water Project and Katse Dam
- For the game and nature lovers – Wolhuterskop Nature Reserve is situated on the outskirt of town where you can view antelope species by car or follow a hiking trail.
- A game ranch is nearby (25 km), famous for white lions. Game viewing can be done from open game vehicles. Guests may touch and bottle-feed the very young cubs!
- Bird watching – Pretoriuskloof Bird Sanctuary (in town)
- Sporting facilities include Tennis, Bowls, 18 hole golf course and the vast lakes for water sport.
- Other activities include hiking trails, international cycling, hot air balloon and annual air show, as well as an annual Christian Festival.
- A 4x4 course, Bow hunting, hunting packages can be organized